THE BALLET PROJECT
Ballet Nouveau’s BALLET PROJECT is committed to educating today’s youth in a complete training program that generates the accessibility of classical ballet to multi-cultural communities within Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. The Ballet Project partners directly with local community organizations for 8-10 week sessions to introduce the basics of ballet to today’s youth. A short demonstration is completed at the conclusion of the session and the families of our students are encouraged to attend and continue educating their youngsters through the arts.
- Scholarship recipients are between the age of 7-11 years old.
- Attendance: A BALLET PROJECT scholarship recipient will be dismissed from the program if they miss more than 2 classes per month. Families will get a 30 day warning and then a final dismissal.
- Parent (guardian) is responsible for any fees related to winter production, winter tour, spring production etc. (participating in productions are NOT mandatory).
- Parent (guardian) must submit documentation confirming income less than $40,000 for the household.
- Behavior: A BALLET PROJECT scholarship recipient will be dismissed from the program if they are found to be continually disruptive during class. Families will get a 30 day warning and then a final dismissal.
- A short essay describing “What does dance mean to you?”. 150 words or less and the prospective scholarship recipient should write it in their own words (an adult can lightly assist).